Climate and clothing
Romania has a moderate, continental climate. The average temperature in May is between 10-14°C. Although rainy and windy days may occur, appropriate clothing is recommended.
Iasi is on Eastern European Time. Local time in March is UTC/GMT + 2 hours.
All restaurant prices and taxi fares include service, but good service in the restaurant can be rewarded with a tip. Tipping is at guest’s discretion in hotels.
Electricity supply in Romania is 220 Volts (50 Hz) and wall outlets are to the European Standard (CEE 7/4) with two pin plugs. The standard two-pin Euro plug (CEE 7/16) can be connected to these outlets.
Useful Phone Numbers
- International code for Romania: +40
- International calls from Romania: 00 – Country code – Phone number
- Emergency number: 112
Travel in Iasi
- There are over 2 000 taxies in Iasi – approximate price/km – 0.5 euro
- RATP (the local public transport company) provides public transit within the Iasi city and operates an extensive network using trams and buses.
- You may also use if necessary taxies called from the reception desk of the hotel